[j-say list] Re: Anyone know a comparison with Serotek and JSAY?

  • From: Joshua Hori <jhori@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 21:31:52 +0000

WSR (Windows Speech Recognition) can be quite powerful if you know how to add
commands to the WSR Macro program (separate installation). You have to be
willing to get your hands dirty and edit XML files, and then save or import
into their macros program. Not exactly for the faint of heart.

For instance, Here's WSR in use to create Math: IDEAL's Steve Jacobs created a
Speech Driven Math Editor using WSR and Infty
Editor<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIENR7qWObw> Free software available to
anyone, but does require additional installation of programs and at least 3
separate files to import into the macros program. Unfortunately the txt files
(XML) need additional debugging for them to work properly. 1 line of code in 2
of the files gave me errors when importing, while the other txt file needed to
be split into 2 files due to character limits.

If you don't want to add commands yourself, you can look into purchasing
VoiceComputer<http://www.voicecomputer.com/> which will add additional commands
to both Dragon and WSR. This program is a visual training tool for new Dragon
users, but is not accessible to screenreaders nor is it available for Mac users.

Joshua

On 2013-02-21, at 11:04 AM, "Harry Brown"
<wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi Linda,
It's faborable.
System Access works with the built in speech recognition in windows 7, without
dragon naturally speaking.
Harry