[iyonix-support] Strange Desktop

  • From: Chris F <c.n.l.f@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:37:51 +0100

Iyonix RISC OS 5.13 Geminus 1.31
Screen Mode reads: X2560 Y1024 C16M EX1 EY1 F75

When starting the computer the desktop comes to rest with the correct
X dimension but double the Y across the two screens; ie the icon bar
and any desktop windows are half height.

When first I installed Geminus, many months ago, the computer booted
correctly and I do not recall when this alteration first happened -
I've been 'living with it' for some time now - nor what I might have
done to cause it.

Opening the Geminus window from its icon-bar icon shows 2560 x1024
highlighted and clicking 'Change', fixes the Y parameter in a flash of
the screens.

Why is this shrinkage/Y-height-doubling happening?
How can I pursuade the screen to boot to my desired 2560 x 1024 size
immediately, as it once did?

--
BW Chris F. British Iyonix & RISC OS 5.13
What class of advertising deserves to remain legal?