[iyonix-support] Re: Some Guidance Required Please

  • From: HzN <iyonix.2006a@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 19:56:17 +0200

[snipped parts]

John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jim's suggestion - better power supply -  is really the only valid answer.
>
> What happened to the power supplies? .. conjecture really, but the usual
> culprit is an electrolytic capacitor in the supply that was drying out,
> hence did not perform as specified. This is a frequent and common
> failure mode in the sort of power supply shipped from the far east.

I must second this suggestion ... even if you know hnow how to repair
the power supply that we got with so many IYONIX pc since unfortunately
Castle opted for a power supply that seems to fail pretty often so that
if it fails I'd get a decent one. Considering the price tag for the
IYONIX pc the power supply used is not nice at all especially since as
John wrote this kind of failure is frequent and common.

Guess why I have a spare power supply on my shelf (a reliable one!).

> Stop press! Just announced - Price Promise
>
> # The Utility Warehouse Price Promise means you can benefit from: The UK's
> cheapest Home Phone
> # The UK's cheapest Home Phone and Broadband bundle
> # The UK's cheapest Mobile tariffs
> # The UK's cheapest standard Gas and Electricity
>
> Or they will give you back Double the Difference!
>
> Charges, terms and conditions apply. For full details of
> the Utility Warehouse Price Promise see http://www.ucallusave.co.uk
> <http://www.ucallusave.co.uk>
>
> Intrigued? Call me
>
> John Ballance C.Eng MIET (Support) - jwb@xxxxxxxxxx - 07976 295923

Thanks John for this info ... not that I need it at all ;-)

Herbert