[iyonix-support] Re: ROM Delivery - Issues

  • From: John M Ward <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:41:05 +0100

In article <bc09ca764e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 16 Oct 2006  John Chetwynd <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In message <1375be764e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > <SNIP>
> >>
> >> BTW, is it just me, or is the reflashing business not good for
> >> one's blood pressure? :-)

It is a worrying time for many, I realise, including someone I know who
has had to send his Iyonix back to castle when it didn't go as it should
for some reason.

I am perhaps less worried because mine is on a UPS so mains power
fluctuations or failure shouldn't affect it if they occur it mid-flash.
It does (at least I hope it does) eliminate a variable or two, and is a
good idea anyway.

> > A re-flash is natures laxative :-)

A kind of "flash -- in the pan" perhaps?

> I /like/ that! :-)

Agreed!

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!