[iyonix-support] ROM 5.12 and USB

  • From: John Ballance <jbwork@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 09:30:25 GMT

Good Morning All

I see that a few of you have an issue with USB/mice/kbds and the 512
rom. This does not reflect the situation I generally see back at base,
so please bear with us.

This has always been a rather timing sensitive issue and before we run
at it with a shotgun sort of approch I would greatly appreciate some
feedback about the systems that are causing issues.

There may be more to test, but as a minimum could those with issues
please do the following and report back.

with 5.12 in rom:

1: rename !Boot to JB!Boot

2: restart the machine (this WILL produce a 'broken' boot as it won't
use the HDD). You should also try a restart from power turned off to
check similar behaviour.

3: check whether the mouse and/or kbd that you had issues with before
still misbehaves.

4: if your device behaved, then you have something loaded in your boot
sequence that is causing issues.. check in particular your predesk
folder for developmental versions etc.

5: if you device still misbehaved plase supply the following information
direct to me jwb@xxxxxxxxxxx Please do this for the machine with the boot
broken as in 1, so as to avoid the confusion of all the extra modules that
you may be loading in your full boot

6: finally rename JB!Boot to !Boot again to restore your boot
functionality.

required information (if you do this in a CTRL-F12 task window, you can
save the window contents and send that)

a: output of *pcidevices

b: output of *usbdevices

c: output of *usbconfinfo for the awkward device when you have
persuaded it to start

d: the output of * show us*

e: output of *unplug

f: output of *romm.