[iyonix-support] Re: Personalised ROM updater

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:55:53 +0100

In article <248a3b774e.ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   <ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm feeling a little stupid today. I have downloaded ROM5.12 but I can't
> find how to download the personalised registered ROM updater.

> Can anybody help out? I will be most grateful.

I found that after buying a PIN, you should return to www.iyonix.com/ROM/
and login (having registered) and click on 'Downloads' where you download
the package appropriate to your MAC address. (The word 'updater' is
perhaps missing from the second paragraph.) It seems you have done this
already.

1. Open the ROM512/zip file with !Sparkplug or similar (try
double-clicking).

2. Drag the zip's contents somewhere sensible (e.g. here they reside with
the /zip in: "..to_do.upgrade risc os.not_done.5-12" until installed,
then guess where I move it! ;-). Though the zip file is called ROM512/zip
it contains an application !ROM512 and a text file which you should read.

3. Read the text file.

4. Run !ROM512.  This application contains not only the new ROM image
(named as your MAC address) but also the installation software.

Hope that helps. Just don't have a power cut for the little while it
takes.  ;-)

I'm sure these instructions should be on their website somewhere...

--=20
Tim Hill,
<URL:http://www.timil.com/>