[iyonix-support] Re: Panther keeps switching itself off

  • From: Jim Lesurf <jcgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 11:52:08 +0000 (GMT)

In article <5328a1b1e7julie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Julie
<julie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I ordered a new HDD, and installed it, and it's been running
> continuously now for 24 hours without problems. All I have to do now is
> get it talking to the router.. (found a couple of helpful articles by
> Paul Vigay about that; my support staff is busy house-buying so will
> have to do it myself this time ;-) ).

I've put sorting out the Iyonix on pause and am working on a new ArminiX as
a possible replacement for Chris. But I'll fix the Iyonix in due course.

John did say the cradle can be removed. But I don't know where the screws
are or how to access them. Do I remove the facia? If so, how? If I've done
this in the past I've long since forgotten all details!

> Next week, after what will certainly be a busy w/e, I will try Jim
> leSurf's

Who he? :-)

> idea of putting the old HDD on a USB link (no, *not* the SATA,
> that's for my brother, I've got an adapter) and hope I don't blow its
> PSU!

I've tried that here with the 'dud' disc. I got disc motor whirr. But no
other signs of life. So I guess it is a dead parrot. However I've not
altered any of the jumpers, might that help?

Slainte,

Jim