[iyonix-support] Re: No display from Iyonix Panther

  • From: allan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 07:16:59 +0000

I would try the Monitor connected directly to the Iyonix. I have found Belkin
KVM's to be unreliable, as I've had 2 fail within a matter of minutes. This is
down to under rated caps being used by Belkin, and it cooks. Note that the old
Belkin KVM's (slab shaped) were OK, and didn't fail in this manor.

Allan

From: Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 09:01:45
Subject: [iyonix-support] No display from Iyonix Panther

Hi,
  after having flashed version 5.14 into my Iyonix and having used it
happily after that, the Iyo has now aquired the habit of not showing
any screen display, even after any number of resets and total power-
off cycles.

My Iyonix is connected to the screen, keyboard an mouse via a Belkin
KVM switch which works very well and is a 4 port PS2/USB model.

Of course I have tried the Iyo on some of the other ports of the KVM
switch, which in any case is working for the Iyonix which can be heard
by the "beeb" comes through and F12 brings you to the CLI and "*poweroff"
on the command line switches the Iyo off.

Oh and yes, I have bought a new power supply 2 years ago, which is working
fine ever since.

Are the original graphic cards still available or is there some suitable
exchange card available ?

Regards,
Rainer
--