[iyonix-support] Re: Networking

  • From: RJT <Richard.Torrens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:43:57 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4ea526c008Richard.Torrens@xxxxxxx>,
   RJT <Richard.Torrens@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <45AA3559.6090402@xxxxxxxxxx>,
>    John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [Snip]

> > the iyo can deliver sharefs stuff far faster at 100mb than earlier
> > riscos machines can absorb the data. this results in the rpc taking
> > all its time responding to interrupts delivering data in and has no
> > time left to use the data.

[Snip]

> Sounds like I need to the Iyonix to the RPC network via a wireless link?

> Having had a lot of trouble getting a 2kM wireless link to work, I happen
> to have two spare pairs of wireless access points...

Tried this last night.

With no attempt to throttle back either Iyo or RPC, I pushed about 20 4mB
JPEGs over the wireless link.

It was not fast, but it was a hell of a lot more reliable.

So both RPC and Iyo will talk much better to a WiFi link via Share FS thab
they will to each other. The only difference here is the software in the
WiFis!

Clearly it is RISC OS that is broken here. In both Iyo and RPC.