[iyonix-support] Re: Nettle fails with SWI: &4848E not known

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 14:22:45 GMT

In message <9a39c8994e.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>In message <8bd3bc994e.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In message <0d91c0994e.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>   rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>>Nettle is failing somewhere in !RunImage with an error.
>>>
>>>Reporter says:-
>>> Error  : &000001E6
>>> Message: SWI &4848E not known
>>>
>>>It is not shown in the numeric list of SWIs in the (Select) PRM.
>>>Can anyone help?
>>
>> SWI &4848E is ZapRedraw_ReadVduVars
>>
>> The version of !Nettle  v0.2035 (Iyonix) (14 Nov 2002) I have does look
>> to RMEnsure ZapRedraw but !ZapFonts needs to have been "seen".
>>
>> I hope that is enough to show the way to a fix.
>
>Thanks David and others.
>
>I had removed !ZapFonts from my boot sequence because I don't use !Zap
>very often.
>
>!Nettle (v0.2042r April 2004) is now working again - just so long as
>!Hermes has been run to provide SocketWatch!)

The version on !Nettle that I have has commented out lines to RMEnsure
SocketWatch and to RMLoad it from !System :-

|RMEnsure SocketWatch 0.00 RMLoad System:Modules.Network.SockWatch
|RMEnsure SocketWatch 0.00 Error Nettle requires SocketWatch 0.00 or later

For the later !Nettle those lines need to be active and SocketWatch
should be present in !System.310.Modules.Network

Hermes has a local copy of the module thus :-

RMEnsure SocketWatch 0.00 RMLoad <Obey$Dir>..Resources.SockWatch

Common modules, modules with more than one using application, really
should be in !System.
--
David Pitt.

Computing with RISC OS.