[iyonix-support] Modifying and Distributing Printer Definition Files

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:35:07 +0100

I'm not quite sure if this would be better directed towards
Someone@Castle, but I'll ask it here first.

I've got an application (PrintPDF), which can make use of a slightly
modified version of the PoScript2 printer definition file to display a
distinctive icon on the iconbar when Printers is loaded.

The PDFs as supplied with the Iyonix, which I used as the base for my
version, look identical to the ones that came with RISC OS 4.  Are there
likely to be any copyright issues with distributing a cosmetically
different version of the PS definition file with freeware software?

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/