[iyonix-support] Re: Lost SCSIFS Icons

  • From: Graham Pickles <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 22:13:39 +0100

In message <5f9951894f.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> In message of 1 Apr, Graham Pickles <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Hi
> > > I have not changed anything in predesk as far as I know.
> > > * Help SCSIFS shows nothing.
> > >
> > > When the machine boots and the progress is echoed on screen the last item
> > > appears to be a complaint that a SWI is not recognised.
> > > Is there a way to slow this to give me a chance to read it.? or perhaps
> > > to spool it to a file. I think that may give me a clue as to where the
> > > problem is.
> > >
> > > Thanks Pete
> > >
> > And thanks to you Pete for your very timely question! My current
> > experience is exactly similar so far (failure of the icon for a memory
> > stick which used to show), so I am following these postings with
> > interest. Again as far as I can remember I have not changed anything in
> > predesk either. Any advice in helping to find the source of the problem
> > will also be greatly welcomed.
>

> I have found David Pitt's BootSppol application to be invaluable in this
> sort of problem:
>
>   http://www.pittdj.co.uk/software/bootspool.htm

Excellent, just the ticket. My problem solved - an empty directory. Many
thanks to Tim for pointing me to David's obey files. I must have missed
any previous discussion about BootSpool - a useful couple of obey files.

Hope Peter Woodbine is as successful.

Regards,

--
Graham Pickles            Running an Iyonix
Whitby Museum             http://www.whitbymuseum.org.uk