[iyonix-support] Re: Looking for errors in !Boot with Reporter

  • From: Martin <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 16:09:18 +0000 (GMT)

On 05 Feb, in article <9511bde450.jms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   John Sandford <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <50e4897f52Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Martin <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]

> >> After choosing Bootlog and choosing your customisation you might get
> >> an error message when you click Save. This can be caused by the
> >> access settings on your $.!Boot.!Run file. If this happens to you
> >> Shift double click !Boot, Menu over the !Run file and check the
> >> Access settings. If Protected is ticked click on Unprotected. Then
> >> Reporter's Save button will work.

> > If this is common, then I can arrange for Reporter to unlock it,
> > change it and lock it again. Now I know about it!

> Its locked here as well as the !Boot file, I would not have locked it
> so must have been installed locked.

If anyone is considering using Reporter for Boot Logging, there is now
available an improved configuration program which caters for Locked
files. It can be downloaded as a complete archive for users new to
Reporter, or a small update archive for those who already have v2.64.

See www.avisoft.f9.co.uk for details.

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader