[iyonix-support] Re: KVM freezes Iyonix

  • From: Andrew <aw29009@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:34:44 -0800 (PST)

In message <7467df7c4f.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Adams <alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I could try swapping the cables around as it is only 2 port.
>

>>> What make and type are you using? USB and PS2 versions behave very
>>> differently, and some makes are problematic. For example at work there
>>> is a Belkin USB which is very reluctant to connect to a pair of
>>> Windows2003 servers - if it is disconnected the servers have to be
>>> rebooted to regain connection.
>>>
>> This is a Belkin 2-port switch with in-built PS/2 and VGA cables.
>
> Presumably you then connect to a PS2 to USB adapter before the Iyonix?
> These can also give trouble.
Yes. However, the USB to PS/2 adaptors that came with the Iyonix both
have a picture of a mouse on the top. Does that mean they're somehow
different to one for a keyboard?

> In an earlier thread about KVM issues, I seem to recall that there is
> some difference between the various USB ports - something about when
> they get initialised during startup. It might be worth trying
> different USB ports on the Iyonix.

The keyboard cable on the Iyonix I have in the lower socket so I put
the keyboard cable from the KVM into that too. Swapping around didn't
seem to change things - the computer froze until I unplugged the
keyboad. However, I'll try again.

Andrew