[iyonix-support] Re: !Jiten

  • From: Nick Roberts <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 07:49:13 +0100

In message <09f49a444e.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
       David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <77566b444e.tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Nick Roberts <tigger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Has anyone managed to get !Jiten running on an Iyonix - either
> > natively or under Aemulor? Or an equivalent Japanese/English
> > dictionary?
> >

> !Jiten 3.02 did not run on OS4.04 here :-

I wasn't aware of that - it works fine under 4.02

>  http://homepages.which.net/~philip.murray-pearce/progs.htm
>
> The error is :-
>
> Error from Jiten: Handle is either illegal or has been closed (Error
> code 222 at line 6000)

Unfortunately, on the Iyonix (under Aemulor) it doesn't fail so
gracefully - I get an "Unknown or missing variable at line 7300"
followed by a complete machine freeze.

> However Jiten is wrapped BASIC which can be extracted with BasicRIP.
> (There is some BASIC assembler which looked 32bit clean.)

I suspected that I'd have to convert it myself, but I thought I'd check
in case there was something obvious that I had missed.

--
Nick Roberts           tigger @ orpheusinternet.co.uk

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which
can be adequately explained by stupidity.