[iyonix-support] Iyonix loudspeaker leads

  • From: iyonix+ <iyonix-freelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:54:43 +0100

Hullo all

I happened to open up my Iyonix - in a tower case - to find the loudspeaker
leads lying loose on the bottom of the case, connected to the loudspeaker
on the front panel, but not to the motherboard.

I had wondered, from time to time, why it never beeped at me. My RISC
strong arm machine never fails to remind me when I do something wrong.

The free end of the lead is connected to the two outer terminals of a four
in line plastic socket connector and I can see a four pin header on the
edge of the mother board close to the sound section and just above the SCSI
PCI board.  I dare not plug it into this header in case I blow something.

Advice much appreciated as to where it should be plugged, or was meant to
be disconnected for all time.

Thanks

David

--