[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix hardware mods

  • From: Gary Locock <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 23:02:06 +0100

In article <b6d24a414e.ms001e3433@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mark Syder
<marksyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4e3d7d39aatricia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> > Having read about the necessary hardware mods, please could the
> > cognoscenti advise on the age of machines needing same? In case I need to
> > get it done.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> I know I'm late replying to this one, but I can't find a reply from anyone
> else. Does your Iyonix ever freeze? If so, arrange to get the mod done. If
> not: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

No, it /IS/ broke unless the hardware mods are done.  There are zero
disadvantages, except for cost of transport. If you don't fix it, you
(meaning the OP) will be back on this list again with something else
/seeming/ to provoke the mystery freezes.  And less and less sympathy...

Gary

Gary

--
Gary Locock, Network Manager, Bablake Junior School
Coundon Road, Coventry CV1 4AU