[iyonix-support] Iyo serial debug??

  • From: Wes K <wak.one@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 22:16:07 +0100

Hi all,

I have been playing around with serial networking between the Iyo and my
A4 (yep, Noah's Arc... if you pardon the pun) meets modern day
technology.

I have noticed that if the A4 is powered up and so is the Iyo then if
the iyo is rebooted then it will take ages to get to a desktop, redraws
appear REALLY sluggish etc. I suspect that somehow the Iyonix is
outputting some kind of debugging on the serial, although Connector on
the A4 shows no signs of data on 9600 and 19200 baud 8N1.

With the serial lead subsequently unplugged, all is well. Strangely this
has only started happening this evening. Last night I had the 2
comminicating over serial happily with no lag on the Iyonix at all.

I believe the serial lead is a null modem lead, and has proven to work
well from RPC to A4 and last night from Iyo to A4.

Serial Wiring.
1+6 to 4
2 to 3
3 to 2
4 to 1+6
5 to 5
7 to 8
8 to 7
9 n/c

I am using the top serial port on the iyonix, as the lower one would not
work at all with ppp networking.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Does the iyonix have a serial
debugging mode and if so, what goodies are to be seen? Also how can this
annoying feature be disabled?

Cheers,

--
Wes K (Moo-Juice)