[iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix driving K8055 board via USB - very slow?

  • From: "Neil F" <faz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:07:56 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: iyonix-support-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:iyonix-support-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thomas
Milius
Sent: 04 August 09 20:13
To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [iyonix-support] Re: Iyonix driving K8055 board via USB -
very slow?

An Interrupt transfer can run
every 1ms (at full speed) and every 10ms at low speed connection. I
don't
know whether the Vellemann board is fulll speed or low speed (examine
with
!USBInfo).

So overall and due to unpredictable delays in the USB concept you
won't be
lucky with this when triggering a stepper motor.

For myself I am using a Cypress AN2131 Mikrocontroller fitted on a
small
board from Braintechnology. The Cypress AN2131 is an 8051 compatible
mikrocontroller with integrated USB interface. I ported as31-Assembler
RISC OS to program it and wrote a small data loader.

Thanks for that, Thomas. It seems to confirm that this board is a
'slow speed' device and that is what is producing the 10ms cycling I'm
seeing.

As you say, I'll have to look for other solutions if I want to speed
things up.

-Neil.