[iyonix-support] Re: Geforce MX2 Graphics card to default.

  • From: dbriggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 10:31:46 +0000

rik.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In message <E1Gpkh0-000AqU-Kc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           dbriggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Having recently purchased a new Nvidia FX5200 graphics card for my Iyonix
> > from the RISCOS Guildford Show, I gave my old GeForce MX2 to a friend for
> > use in his Compaq PC. However, even before installing the drivers it was
> > showing some rather odd colour schemes in the Windows desktop. I noticed
> > several wire links on the back of the graphics card - is this hardware mod
> > made to the original Iyonix graphics cards and, if so, how can I revert it
> > back to default. As I am quite handy with a fine tip soldering iron I am
> > confident I could make the necessary connections if someone could explain
> > what needs to be done.
>
> Basically the card has had the red and green output lines swapped around.
> Look near the D connector at the back of the card, you should see two
> surface mount resistors that have been mounted "end down" and two tiny wire
> links swapping the signals over. It may vary from card to card.
>
> Remove the wires and restore the resistors to their proper place - or just
> swap the wires over I suppose.
>
> --
> Rik Griffin

May thanks for that Rik. Apologies to everyone else for mucking up my
initial post. As I haven't posted to Freelists before, and I didn't
have time to find out how to do it, I just edited an existing post
but I obviously didn't edit out the contents of the previous post
completely enough.

Will take more care in future.

Thanks.