[iyonix-support] Re: Geforce MX2 Graphics card to default.

  • From: Rik Griffin <rik.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 09:39:36 GMT

In message <E1Gpkh0-000AqU-Kc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          dbriggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Having recently purchased a new Nvidia FX5200 graphics card for my Iyonix
> from the RISCOS Guildford Show, I gave my old GeForce MX2 to a friend for
> use in his Compaq PC. However, even before installing the drivers it was
> showing some rather odd colour schemes in the Windows desktop. I noticed
> several wire links on the back of the graphics card - is this hardware mod
> made to the original Iyonix graphics cards and, if so, how can I revert it
> back to default. As I am quite handy with a fine tip soldering iron I am
> confident I could make the necessary connections if someone could explain
> what needs to be done.

Basically the card has had the red and green output lines swapped around.
Look near the D connector at the back of the card, you should see two
surface mount resistors that have been mounted "end down" and two tiny wire
links swapping the signals over. It may vary from card to card.

Remove the wires and restore the resistors to their proper place - or just
swap the wires over I suppose.

--
Rik Griffin
Software Engineer, Denbridge Marine Ltd