[iyonix-support] Re: For those too quick to criticise

  • From: Jeremy C B Nicoll <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 16:13:49 +0100

In article <2f99e0754e.jaycee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   JayCee <jaygcee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ... will now publicly thank John and Castle for his efforts of this
> evening which are clearly way above the call of duty.

I'm sure it's good that JWB is trying to clear up the problems, but I'm
afraid I don't see that as "above the call of duty".

In my view, the "call of duty" means you do your utmost to make things
happen properly, and then if it all goes wrong the minimum you do is
stick around to fix it.

Or is that too old-fashioned a point of view?

However, I do uderstand that it's perfectly possible that tests with the
HSBC website could have been fine and now things don't work.  Remember
that HSBC could easily have changed something between the tests and now.

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll, Edinburgh, Scotland - my opinions are my own.