[iyonix-support] Re: Floppy drive

  • From: Bernard Veasey <bernard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 06:52:56 +0100

>> In article <3ad28b8050.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>>    Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Although my Iyonix Floppy Drive lights up when loading the icon does
>>> not appear on the bar. I want to use a floppy but can not. Can anyone
>>> help please?

>> I was running a HD that crashed and then rewired the second HD
>> changing its name from 6 to four. Do you think that has
>> something to do with it. The CD works fine though.

Did you check the floppy drive cable as Jochen suggested?

If you removed it when you were rewiring your hard drives, did
you put it back correctly.  Are the pins correctly orientated?
Also check the other end of the ribbon cable where it plugs into the
motherboard.  Don't forget to also check that the power cable is
plugged into the floppy drive.

--
Contact Me - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/contactme/
Web - http://www.bapfish.org.uk/