[iyonix-support] Re: Does MTU setting work?

  • From: Evan Clark <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 16:57:48 +0100

In article <82cd696e50.davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dave Higton <davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can some of you please try setting the MTU of your Iyonix to a
> non-default value (I suggest 1492; the default is 1500) and
> report whether you are able to send /anything/ that exceeds
> this length?

> *ifconfig ek0 mtu 1492

> I can't, not even locally.

Just tried this and interest access ceased. I was sure I'd done this
before without any problem, so reset the machine and tried again. This
time internet access is OK. I've just uploaded, downloaded and deleted
from the server, a 3968 byte file via FTP with no errors. I've no idea
why changing the setting only works sometimes.

Evan.