[iyonix-support] Re: Disc problem?

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:23:53 +0100

ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> At what point in the 'death' of a disc would DiscKnight report that the
> disc was no longer good? (I hope that is a sensible question.) :-)

When the small amount of the disc's surface which contains the map and
directory structure becomes corrupted or unreadable, as those are the only
parts it looks at. The verify tool built in to RISC OS should be used to
check the rest of the disc. Further enquires directly to me or the
newsgroups please.

Cheers
---Dave

--