[iyonix-support] Re: Digital Switchover and TV Card

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:29:38 +0100

On 23/08/2010 21:53, Robin Hounsome wrote:
If it's the SAA7134 version of the TV card you've got, it will allow you
to view in widescreen.

On RISC OS?

For analogue reception it needs to be able to lose the top and bottom bars on a 16:9 broadcast (automatically using the signal from the tuner if possible). For digital input, it needs to be able to selectively stretch the picture horizontally so anamorphic 16:9 is shown at the correct aspect ratio.

I'm unaware of any card which does that automatically in hardware, it needs software support which isn't available on RISC OS. !PCiTV only displays 4:3 regardless of the input, unless there is an update I don't know about.

Cheers
--
David J. Ruck
email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx