[iyonix-support] Re: D-Link DUB-H7 hub doesn't work

  • From: John Chetwynd <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:34:02 GMT

In message <1166608121.458906f9d630b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Has anyone else got a D-Link DUB-H7 hub working successfully with an Iyonix?
>
> It's a 7 port USB2 hub.  I bought one yesterday.  My Iyonix (RO 5.11 + USB2)
> recognises the presence of the hub, but refuses to see anything connected to
> it.  I brought it in to work this morning; my PC is quite happy with it, and
> so is my Risc PC with UNIPod.
>
> It seems most odd that what ought to be a generic device doesn't work.  The
> sockets I tried it in (the two at the front) work fine with individual devices
> or my old USB1 hub.  The devices I tried it with are the usual ones that work
> when plugged in either directly or via the USB1 hub.  The power supply doesn't
> seem to be an issue, as the hub + PSU work on the PC and RPC.  Same A-B cable
> from computer to hub in every case.

Dave

I have just taken delivery of a D-Link DUB-H4 and that works OK

USB Info shows it as:
Address 2
Config 1
Class 9 Hub
SubClass 0 Unused
Protocol 1 Single TT
Vendor Genesys Logic Inc.
Status 3
Speed Hi-speed (480 Mb/s)

I am assuming (dangerous I know) that mine is just the 4 port version
of yours.

Plugging in my Memory stick and Freedom HDD brings both items up on
the icon bar as normal

--
John Chetwynd