[iyonix-support] Re: Bit of a problem

  • From: John Williams <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:00:38 +0100

In article <gemini.j70tp904i75b502lk.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   David J. Ruck <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is it shift booting though? i.e straight to the desktop with no start up
> messaages, or carrying on as usual?

> > I've also tried tapping Escape in the active stages, but to no avail.

> You mean it didn't stop it the boot up?

I've actually managed to get in with frenetic escape tapping from switch-on.

The problem was the NullWatch module - the last message I glimpsed on the
screen and the last thing in my PreDesk log file.

The instructions say place it in PreDesk in one part and in Tasks in the
other. I guess it doesn't go in PreDesk!

Removed it and all back to normal!

Thanks, though, Dave, for your rapid response and a few extra tricks I
hadn't thought of - starting at the command prompt and renaming Boot is
suitably sneaky! I think I'll print your post out to have as hard copy for
the next time!

I don't know why the Shift/Boot didn't work.

Thanks again - panic over,

Best wishes,

John

--