[iyonix-support] Re: Big RAM discs

  • From: Andy Wingate <andy-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 13:34:48 +0100

In message <4ed994d9celists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
          Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, as it may not be specific to
> the Iyonix or RISC OS 5, but I was wondering if there is a way of getting
> RAM discs bigger than 128MB on the Iyonix? Or is this limit un-exceedable?

If you use Memphis you can set the maximum Dynamic Area you wish it to
have. I have it set to a maximum of 256MB (of 1GB) although it only
takes up as much memory as its contents. See
<URL:http://www.richardspencer.freeuk.com/memphis3/>
--
Andy Wingate <URL:http://www.sparse.net>       OpenPGP key 0xC642BF8A
DO NOT BEND, FOLD, STAPLE, OR IN ANY WAY MUTILATE THIS TAGLINE.