[iyonix-support] Re: 16way card reader.

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:36:24 +0100

In message <4e7ad29176Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ian Hamilton <Ian_Hamilton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>In article <7f34d07a4e.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>   David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> There has been an outbreak of technology here, but not a commensurate
>> outbreak of understanding. I cannot get a 16way card reader under
>> control. It does work with the Iyonix but comes up a four floppy disc
>> icons on the iconbar with nothing to say which is which.
>
>> The way round this would be to lose the unwanted floppy icons. That
>> means prodding PreDesk.SoftSCSI.Hide into life. This is where a bit
>> of assistance would be appreciated.
>
>> I have done *devices and tried to make correct entries into the Hide
>> file.
>
>I strongly recommend Colin's HideSCSI Configure plugin from :-
>
>http://www.ftpc.iconbar.com/Utils/

Many thanks, that worked.

That just left the problem of why my attempts had failed, which got even
more confusing when I saw that the configure tool was not altering my
file at all. So :-

!Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk.SoftSCSI.Hide is the wrong file.

ADFS::Iyonix4.$.!Boot.Choices.SCSIFS.Hide is the active one.

I can now have the camera and appropriate card reader together.

Thanks again.
--
David Pitt.

Computing with RISC OS.