[iyonix-support] 16way card reader.

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:45:43 +0100

There has been an outbreak of technology here, but not a commensurate
outbreak of understanding. I cannot get a 16way card reader under
control. It does work with the Iyonix but comes up a four floppy disc
icons on the iconbar with nothing to say which is which. If I understand
the reader correctly it contains four readers, these do come up labelled
on the A9home and WindowsXP.

The way round this would be to lose the unwanted floppy icons. That
means prodding PreDesk.SoftSCSI.Hide into life. This is where a bit of
assistance would be appreciated.

I have done *devices and tried to make correct entries into the Hide
file.

*devices
Device Type              Capacity    Vendor   Product          Revision
0:0.0  Direct-access     Unknown     Generic  USB SD Reader    1.00
0:0.1  Direct-access     Unknown     Generic  USB CF Reader    1.01
0:0.2  Direct-access     Unknown     Generic  USB SM Reader    1.02
0:0.3  Direct-access     Unknown     Generic  USB MS Reader    1.03
*

|--- 28 chars inclusive ---|
| this one matches, so is hidden
USB2.0  CardReader Combo0.0>
| this one doesn't match, so is shown
USb2.0  CardReader CF RW0.0>
|234567812345678901234561234
Generic USB SD Reader   1.00
Generic USB CF Reader   1.01
Generic USB SM Reader   1.02
Generic USB MS Reader   1.03

The machine has been rebooted but there they are still those four
floppy icons one of which will display the xD card from the camera.

If the camera is then plugged in with the four floppies already present
then the camera does not appear. Poor old SCSI can only manage four
devices, I believe.

The good news is everything I bought, reader, USB2 7-way hub and FUJI
FinePix E900 all work with the Iyonix.

--
David Pitt.

Computing with RISC OS.