[isapros] Linksys VPN

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:35:25 -0500

Have a client with a Linksys rv042 VPN router in Chicago and an ISA 2004 in
Florida. We're trying to setup a VPN tunnel between the 2. No packets are
arriving from Chicago the ISA log shows no IKE client connection attempts. I
can't find anything blocking them from getting out of Chicago, the built-in
firewall is off and I can ping the VPN router. Already updated the firmware
too. The router has this error in its logs: Received information payload type
invalid_id_information. I called Linksys they said try a more compatible VPN
router in Florida. I'd prefer to try a more compatible VPN router in Chicago if
that is the only solution.

So if this Linksys model can't be made to work with ISA, which ones do work? Or
do you have any other suggestions for getting this one to work?

Amy Babinchak

Harbor Computer Services
(248) 546-6056 office
(248) 890-1794 mobile