RE: isa2000 and server 2003 with active directory

  • From: "Lynn Thomas" <lthomas@xxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:10:12 -0600

well,
Reinstall did nothing, even put 2004 beta on it just to see and it did the
same thing. The error that I was getting on the isa machine was cant find
the domain controller. So I looked at dns after realizing that it only
points to the ISP dns server. I added the Domain controllers dns in their
as well but put it last in the list. I got nothing and the same error
message. I then put the dc's dns First in the list and it began working.
This fix doesnt seem right to me.
I went into isa and put the domain in the LDT as well.
Its working but its going to goto the dc first for dns resolution which
is going to slow things down. This seems like a quick fix and not the
whole solution. How should your dns be setup on the isa machine after
putting dns on your domain?

Thanks