Re: change default ip of ISA on the fly? Any news on making internal servers appear to the world as a different external ip?

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 14:13:15 -0700

No; you have to put it in neutral and set the handbrake.
;-)

You can do this (Windows should pick up the change adn update the stack
accordingly).
You'll probably have to cycle the ISA Services, though.

BTW, I don't recommend using WMI to do this.  It looks really kewl, btu it's
not PnP smart.
Best that you use the GUI (yuk) or netsh commands.

FI:
    netsh int ip set addr north static 123.123.123.123 255.255.255.0
123.123.123.1 1
means set the default IP address to 123.123.123.123 on interface named
"north" to static and use a /24 netmask and make the default gateway
123.123.123.1 with a hop metric of 1.
Adding an IP is even simpler:
    netsh int ip add addr north 123.123.123.123 255.255.255.0

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver
 http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison