RE: Win 2K Reboot options

  • From: "Jason Ballard" <jasonb54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 08:41:24 -0500

Muqeem,

This would be known as configuring a dual-boot system.  Dual-booting
would give you the option to choose the OS you want to load but only one
OS would be available on the network at a time.  A better option is to
load VMware.

VMware lets you configure virtual machines running on top of the host
OS.

For example, you could build your W2K machine as a member of the domain.
Then install VMware 3 workstation, configure a virtual machine with W2K
as member of a workgroup and then you can work with the W2K server in
the workgroup while you host OS continues to be available on the
network.

Check out VMware for more details... http://www.vmware.com/

Jason