RE: To hell with this

  • From: "Rogers, Brian" <RogersB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:18:48 -0500

I have a similar issue.

I publish our Exchange servers thru two separate ISA servers.  One in
dallas..one here in St Augustine.  At various random intervals..usually at
least once or twice a month...the isa server stops forwarding requests on
port 25 to the exchange boxes.

No matter what I do...using hypertrm or telnet to connect to the external IP
of the ISA box on port 25 does not return the reply from the exchange
server.

Upon rebooting everything is back to normal.  There is nothing in the event
logs to point to any sort of issue...I just don't get it.

Brian W. Rogers
MCSE, MCT, MCP
Client/Server Network Developer
Tree of Life Corporation