RE: Setup of Tri-Homed DMZ

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:58:20 -0500

Hi Andrey,

The trihomed DMZ is a directly connected segment that receives ROUTED
packets from the Internet. That means you need public addresses for that
segment. Its a poor setup from a security standpoint, but some people
are forced to put hosts on a public segment like this for technical or
psychological reasons.

HTH,
Tom
Thomas W Shinder