Re: SSL Bridging Fun

  • From: Tony Lou <lout@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:24:16 +1000

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response.

In answer to your question, sort of.
Our external domain name is "fpa.asn.au",
Our internal is "nt.fpa.asn.au".
Also, I do have an entry in the hosts file on the ISA server pointing to the
internal address of the web server.  A ping from the command prompt on the
ISA server confirms that it resolves to the internal address.

Thinking about it last night, I've come to realise that it may in fact be
working for the outside world, but not for us internally because all of our
clients point to the ISA server for DNS, (which then forwards external bound
to our ISP's DNS servers).

Therefore an internal client will see the "loop" error, whereas the outside
presumably wouldn't?  This is what I'll be testing in the next hour.

Would appreciate a pointer to information on "split DNS structures".
Particularly as we'll be moving to active directory and Exchange 2000 soon
which, as I understand it, will require the use of our external domain name
internally as well.

Cheers, and Thanks,

Tony Lou