  From: Tony Lou
  To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
  Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 11:52 PM
  Subject: [isalist] SSL Bridging Fun

  http://www.ISAserver.org

  Hi all,

  Having an issue with SSL bridging which is driving me spare. Would appreciate
some assistance from any who have come out winners in this area.

  We have a Web server (W2K, IIS) running on our internal network.
  Published through ISA on standard ports (ie, HTTP - 80, SSL - 443)
  A Verisign Certificate installed on both IIS and ISA.

  I have worked through this document;
  (http://www.isaserver.org/pages/articles.asp?art=157) to the letter.

  The problem seems to relate to this line in the document;

  9.15 "On the Rule Action window select "Redirect the request to this internal
Web server"
  9.16 "Make sure you enter the name of the internal web site being published
(not the IP address or internal server name). This is the same as the
certificate.

  NOTE: Make sure the ISA server can resolve this name to the internal Web
servers IP address.The external DNS servers will resolve the published Web site
name to the external IP address of the ISA server but the ISA server needs to
resolve the name to the internal published Web server. You may have to create a
HOST file locally on the ISA server to resolve the name to the internal Web
server IP address"

  If I enter the "Web Site name" I get this error generated by the ISA Server;

  "The server has detected a proxy chain loop. This condition
  might indicate a configuration problem in proxy server".

  If I don't, and instead enter the internal IP address, all works fine except
that SSL doesn't bridge and I get this error instead;

  "500 Internal Server Error - The target principal name is incorrect.
(-2146893022)
  Internet Security and Acceleration Server"

  Would deeply appreciate any assistance.

  Thanks in Advance,

  Tony Lou

  This message contains privileged and confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it, and we request that you notify the FPA immediately. Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where they
are specifically stated to be the views of the FPA. For information about how
the FPA deals with personal information see the FPA Statement of Privacy Policy
on www.fpa.asn.au

  This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by
MailMarshal - For more information please visit www.marshalsoftware.com