SMTP not going out on ISA server.

  • From: "David Kusner" <davek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 07:50:27 -0700

Hi all

Any help or advise will be appreciated:

My setup is as follows:

A couple of Ex server 5.5, sitting behind the ISA server, they all point
their outbound internet mail, to a Mail essentials scanning server, which
then sends the scanned and checked out bound mail to a virtual SMTP server
running on the ISA server. The exact reverse is for inbound mail.

Inboud-> ISA server running SMTP -> MES server running SMTP -> Ex 5.5 ser
Outbound-> Ex 5.5 ser -> MES server running SMTP -> ISA server running
SMTP

Recevieng mail is no problem and the ISA server happily accepts inbound
SMTP mail and forwards it onto the MES server.

The problem is out bound mail simply sits in the queue folder and never
gets sent. In the event log you will then get a message that says: message
delivery to "send.out.mail" remote domain failed. (4000)

The funny thing is it was working up until a week ago and now no matter
what I do, it does not work know. Also I cannot telnet "smtp" 25. It just
comes back and says "could not open connection to host"

I have all the packet filters in place etc.. What am I missing?

Thanks