Passing basic authentication to upstream squid

  • From: "Kenny Clark" <clarkkenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:27:51 -0600

I have an ISA server that has to authenticate by basic authentication to
an upstream squid.  I have used the example in Tom's book on page 461 and
gotten it to work but this is an inappropriate solution for my
environment.  I need to be able to get reports on internet chargebacks
from our coprorate office for each user at my site.  So if I input a
single ID to be passed to the squid I can only tell how much that ID was
charged for the month.  Is there anyway to set up basic pass-through
authentication to an upstream squid for every user that authenticates
against my proxy?
Thanks,
Kenny