Re: Packet Filtering on non-default external IP Address

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 06:47:50 -0800

It's pretty much a guarantee that any additional decision-making you apply
to any proxy/firewall will affect performance.
I'd also be careful auto-blocking; sometimes a client address set is more
appropriate than a packet filter.
Also, since ISA recognizes many of the more common intrusion attacks and
blocks them by default, what is it you're adding?

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/
Read the books!