Re: PPTP connections stopping firewall client access

  • From: "Amr Omar" <amr_omar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 07:48:52 -0600

Hi Darren,

 I think you configured your RRAS to use a DHCP or a static address pool
that exists in the same subnet as the internal one, so the isa server
registers itself in the DNS with the new ip that obtained from the address
pool. To make sure that is right you can ping isa server from the internal
network (Ping "isa server name") and note the resulting ip. To solve this
probelm you can edited the hosts file on each computer and add the
internal isa server ip and its name or assign a new adress pool that lies
in a different subnet from the internal one.

Tom,

  I'm note sure this problem is due to the isa server is configured as DNS
and Domain controller only, because i have encountered the same problem
while i have isa server and a seperate DNS and domain controller.

Thanks,
Amr Omar
IT Manager
Siliconexpert Tech.