Re: PPTP connections stopping firewall client access

  • From: "Darren Humennyj" <darren.humennyj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:54:23 +0100

Hi All,

Thank you for your suggestions, I have been trying to get to the bottom of this
for the last couple of days without success. The problem is that the ISA server
is just a member server and is not running DNS or any other networking services
such as DHCP, it is used purely as a VPN server, firewall and web proxy. This
problem has only come about in the last week or so, before that it was working
fine. I have no problems connecting to the server on the static internal IP
address even though the VPN clients get an address in the same range, the
server is also used in a router-to-router VPN server configuration which gets
its IP address from the DHCP server.
The issue that has got me really stumped because it has been working fine with
the current configuration for the last year or so, I have actually restored an
old configuration file but still no joy.

Kind Regards
Darren Humennyj
IT Systems Manager
Esprit Soutron Partnership Limited
Charlotte House, Wyvern Business Park, Derby, DE21 6BF
darren.humennyj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.espritsoutron.com
tel: +44 (0)1332 821 800
fax: +44 (0)1332 821 801