RE: OT: how to silently watch another computer

  • From: "josephk" <josephk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:32:34 -0700

Hi Amy,
Lots of legal issues with spyware.  Most virus scanners will not allow
programs such as BO to run.  BO can actually take control of a PC and
even turn on the web camera remotely. However, there are programs out
there.  Like tightvnc or setting AD to remotely view the user, there is
a check box that you can uncheck that says ask the users permission.
You can also monitor the packets that are being sent and received on the
work station in question.  I have a mini-network not attached to
anything at all, that I have all those little tools to test them out.
I'm amazed at some of the thought that went into those programs
creations.

Thank you,

Joseph