Re: OT: DVI signaling

  • From: "Thor \(Hammer of God\)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 18:32:10 -0700

DVI should work just fine (as long as it's a DVI monitor.) It should even do an autoswitch with the VGA adapter for you (with the little adapter.)

I've got dual, dual head video cards-- my NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400 (which was about $1200 too much for what I use it for) has dual DVI outputs-- one going to my Sonly DSM-SH74P flat screen (DVI-D) and the other going with the VGA adapter on it going to another Sonly flat screen... No issues at all, perfect picture. The only issue I ran into was with my other GEForce MX 420 (for my other 2 monitors) and getting the settings just right for my Maxent 29" plasma screen-- it was a funky 1366x768 deal, but that's VGA.

DVI should not be giving you any issues... What is the video card and monitor type?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>