RE: Nortel VPN Client

  • From: "Clark, Nick" <nickc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:39:55 -0600

Dan,

We had this issue quite some time ago and one of our guys found a setup that
worked.  I don't know if it still holds water but it was so difficult to track
down we ended up keeping it for future reference.  Below is a nutshell of what
we've got to work without the FWC installed on our "visitors" computers.

The setup below applies to our ISA2000SE so I apologize if it doesn't fit into
your 2004 configuration.  We have to wait until after April 15 to jerk around
with our network (unless something breaks - crossing fingers).  If you've got
other questions about my settings then just ask and I'll do my best to pass it
along. [nd]

Protocol Definitions ->
Def. Name: IPSec NAT-T
Port Number: 4500
Port Type: UDP
Direction: Receive Send

Def. Name: IPSec IKE
Port Number: 500
Port Type: UDP
Direction: Send Receive

Protocol Rule ->
Allowed for the two definitions listed above

IP Packet Filters ->
Filter Name: ICMP Type 3, Code 4
Filter Type: Custom Filter
IP Protocol: ICMP