RE: Missing external ip

  • From: "Mark Hippenstiel" <M.Hippenstiel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:37:22 +0200

Lol, me again.

The problem was solved. I had to manually go through the registry and
change all occurences of the old domain (i.e. FQDN) to make ISA believe
it's on it's own again.

I consider this a flaw since there's no reason to check for array
consistency in a single installation. Basing the decision on fqdn
differences is poor design ihmo.

Mark

        From: Mark Hippenstiel
        Posted At: Monday, September 08, 2003 8:22 PM
        Posted To: www.isaserver.org
        Conversation: Missing external ip
        Subject: [isalist] Missing external ip

                http://www.ISAserver.org

                Hi folks,

                A little issue here with my test setup. I changed ISA's
domain membership to a new 2003 domain. The system is otherwise
untouched (w2k), and now I'm missing the external ip - I can't publish
any services anymore. More precisely, the dial-up network works just
fine, no other error messages nor reduced functionality in terms of
networking. Just the script fails and within server publishing, there's
no external IP to select, just an empty listbox.

                Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

                Thanks
                Mark

                ISA Server Newsletter: