Re: MSPADMIN.EXE failed to initialize - Help!

  • From: "Paul A Brown" <paul@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 19:59:08 +0100

Here is the list

The first 2 errors (Remote storage ) happen all the time :o(

So after that is new

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7022
Date:  03/10/2001
Time:  18:33:02
User:  N/A
Computer: WALNUTSERVER
The Remote Storage File service hung on starting.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7001
Date:  03/10/2001
Time:  18:33:02
User:  N/A
Computer: WALNUTSERVER
The Remote Storage Engine service depends on the Remote Storage File service
which failed to start because of the following error:
After starting, the service hung in a start-pending state.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date:  03/10/2001
Time:  18:33:02
User:  N/A
Computer: WALNUTSERVER
Application popup: Service Control Manager  : At least one service or driver
failed during system startup.  Use Event Viewer to examine the event log for
details.

Date:  03/10/2001
Time:  18:35:11
User:  N/A
Computer: WALNUTSERVER
Application popup: mspadmin.exe - Application Error : The application failed
to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the
application.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7009
Date:  03/10/2001
Time:  18:35:14
User:  N/A
Computer: WALNUTSERVER
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Microsoft ISA Server Control
service to connect.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date:  03/10/2001
Time:  18:35:14
User:  N/A
Computer: WALNUTSERVER
The Microsoft ISA Server Control service failed to start due to the
following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.

Date:  03/10/2001
Time:  18:35:14
User:  N/A
Computer: WALNUTSERVER
The Microsoft Web Proxy service depends on the Microsoft ISA Server Control
service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.

Thanks

Paul