L2TP Tunnels with Certificates

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:39:27 -0400

Here is one for the group, I have established a L2TP Tunnel using
Certificates between 2 ISA servers, works great, with one hitch, when the
remote ISA server has a need to be rebooted for any reason, that is to say
all system services shut down and start back up upon reboot, I see in RRAS
on my end that the Tunnel end points can not be automatically reestablished
like they should, I have my side set to persistent and defaults on the
opposing side, the only way to reestablish connection is re-run this command
"secedit refreshpoilicy machine_policy /enforce" after I run this my side
automatically reestablishes connection and all is well again .. is there a
way to make this permanent?
I wanted to make sure that the group understood that the secedit utility is
run on the downstream ISA server, the ISA server that ran the "Configure a
Remote VPN Wizard" using the CFG file that was built on my end ...